Content pages are the bone of websites and are almost always the reason visitors come to a site. Ideal content pages should be very specific to a given topic.
The purpose of the given web page should be directly stated in all of the following areas:
- Title tag
- Content of page
First, the content itself must be unique on the Internet (which makes it worthwhile for search engines to rank well) and should cover a specific bit of information in a lot of depth. If a searcher had a question about Super Mario World, there is a good chance, that this page would answer their query.
An ideal web page with good SEO should do all of the following:
- Be hyper-relevant to a specific topic (usually a product or single object)
- Include subject in the title tag
- Include subject in URL
- Include subject in the image alt text
- Specify the subject several times throughout text content
2. Provide unique content about a given subject
3. Link back to its category page
4. Link back to its subcategory page (If applicable)
5. Link back to its homepage (normally accomplished with an image link showing the website logo on the top left of a page)